France’s chemicals producer Arkema SA has acquired 24.9 per cent stake in a JV with Jayant Agro Organics Ltd, a Mumbai-based castor oil producer. The joint venture will manufacture and sell industrial and specialty grade castor oil products. Arkema will hold 25 per cent stake in the JV called Ihsedu Agrochem Pvt Ltd (IAPL).
Arkema is picking up the stake for Rs 27.9 crore, the BSE was informed in a disclosure. Jayant Agro now holds 75.1 per cent of the total paid up equity share capital of IAPL. As part of the investment, Arkema Asie SAS has appointed two directors on the board of IAPL.
The announcement was made in April this year, but the deal size was not disclosed then.
After forming this separate venture, public-listed Jayant Agro will only focus on producing and marketing value-added castor oil products. BMR Advisors acted as the advisor to Jayant Agro Group on this deal while J Sagar Associates acted as the legal advisor to the group.
Read more: http://in.reuters.com/article/2013/10/14/french-firm-arkema-picks-up-25-pct-stake-idINDEE99D06L20131014
This blog post briefs some of the highlights of the recently published Comprehensive Castor Oil Report by Castoroil.in.
The Comprehensive Castor Oil Report ( http://www.castoroil.in/reference/report/report.html)is the most detailed report on the castor oil and derivatives industry. Covering every critical aspect of the industry – from cultivation to oil production to the production of diverse oleochemical derivatives – the report has been used by the who’s-who of the global companies investing in castor oil.
The report comprises 255 pages and was last updated in August 2013. The latest update of the report provides more insights and inputs on this exciting industry. Download the free sample report here – http://bit.ly/HJhGKI
The following are the sections for which significant additions are provided in the report:
- Castor Oil and Derivatives Market – The latest updates for the demand supply data for India and worldwide are provided in this version.
- Castor Oil, Castor Seed Prices and Related Commercials – The most recently available data for these are provided.
- Prominent Castor Oil and Derivatives Producers – This section includes profiles and product info for the latest entrants in the markets focusing on producing innovative, high-value end products from castor oil
- Some of the Key Takeaways from the Report :
- The top producers of castor seeds include India, China and Brazil. India is the largest producer of castor seeds with about 80% share, followed by Brazil contributing about 10% and China contributing about 8%.
- The global market for generation II castor oil derivatives and generation III derivatives is estimated at about US$300 million and US$350 respectively.
- Global export of castor oil during 2012 -13 stood at 4,30,752 MT compared to 4,04,489 MT in FY 2011-12.
- Large importers of castor seeds include USA, Netherlands, France, Thailand and Japan. European Union imports over 1,00,000 tonnes of castor oil annually, and almost all its imports are from India.
Castoroil.in welcome the readers to read the sample copy of the report from here — http://bit.ly/HJhGKI and get benefited