Bioplastic Business Breakfast 2016
Organized by Bioplastics Magazine
If you have a professional interest in bioplastics, this event is a must attend. Or, you need to wait for another 3 years!
Venue: Düsseldorf Fairgrounds, Düsseldorf, Germany
The conference presentations focus on a separate area on each day:
|Day 1, Oct 20
||Bioplastics in packaging
|Day 2, Oct 21
||PLA: an innovative bioplastic
|Day 3, Oct 22
||Bioplastic in durable applications
The conference happens from 8 am to 12:30 pm with opportunities to ask your questions and a networking break in between. This conference accompanies the biggest trade show on plastics and rubber, K’2016, which will be taking place on the same days starting at 10:30 am.
Video of the Bioplastic Business Breakfast 2013
Who Should Attend?
- Entrepreneurs and businesses keen on exploring the business potential in the bioplastics sector
- Plastic manufacturing firms interested in the bio-based plastics business opportunity
- Chemical companies keen on exploring how to they can play a role in the bio-based economy
- Academic and industrial researchers working on bioplastics, biopolymers and biocomposites
- Government bodies keen on developing an understanding the global bioplastics market to tackle the severe environmental challenges from conventional plastics
Why Should You Attend? The Benefits
- Meet the Experts: Learn industry developments and trends from the leaders, from top global firms such as NatureWorks and BASF to pioneering researchers, all at one place.
- Focused Learning: With a separate focus on each of the three days, this is an exceptional opportunity for you to get clarity on terminology, production routes, chemistry and applications of bioplastics.
- Industry Connections: Form connections with leading bioplastic companies and consultants to help your business plans.
Companies & Organizations Present at the Event
Companies/organizations represented, among others, include:
||Fraunhofer ICT, Germany
|Michigan State University, USA
|Scion, New Zealand
||Mitsubishi Chemical, Japan
||Sulzer Chemtech, Switzerland
- Marc Vergauwen, NatureWorks – Presenting on The latest INGEO packaging applications and developments
Marc’s career has been in sales and business development. He is currently Global Segment Lead, Rigids, at NatureWorks and had been Commercial Director, Europe, for more than 10 years previously, also at NatureWorks.
- Sven Wenigmann, BASF – Presenting on Newest compostable packaging solutions based on ecovio®
Sven is currently Research Manager, Safety Engineering at BASF Corporation, U.S. Though his careers, his responsibilities have been in ensuring process safety, assessment of chemical reaction hazards and management of chemists and technicians.
- Hugo Vuurens, Corbion – Presenting on Innovations in PLA packaging
Hugo is Senior Business Director, Bioplastics, at Corbion. In more than 6 years at Corbion, he has helped the company developed the business of bio-based plastics. In the PLA part of the business, he has been responsible for setting up partnerships throughout the supply chain, among other things. His overall career has been focused on management, including business strategy, international sales and business development.
- Bert Clymans, Corbion – Presenting on Durable PLA applications
Bert is the Business Development Manager, Europe, at Corbion. After a short technical career, he has been in sales & accounts management since 2012.
- Ramani Narayan, Michigan State University – Presenting on Messaging biodegradability-compostability – Do’s &Don’t’s
Ramani is a Distinguished Professor at Michigan State University. He is a worldwide authority on biodegradability and plastics. He is the technical expert for the USA on International Standards Organization on Plastics, specifically for terminology and biodegradable plastics. Some of this areas of research: design & engineering of sustainable, bio-based products, biodegradable plastics, bio-fiber reinforced composites, reactive extrusion polymerization and processing, studies in plastic end-of-life options like biodegradation and composting, and carbon footprint calculations for plastics and products
- Caroli Buitenhuis, Biobased Packaging Innovations – Presenting on Evolutions in bioplastics packaging
Caroli is the Director of Bioplastics and Biobased Packaging, where she advises companies and provide insights into making the right choices around bioplastics and bio-based packaging. She is also the founder of TassenBol, which helped government, retailers, consumers and municipalities to realize environmental change.
- Chelo Escrig, AIMPLAS – Presenting on Success stories in biodegradable plastics for packaging
Chelo has more than 15 years of experience in the field of extrusion of polymeric materials. Her main lines of research and work are the development and extrusion processing of new materials, the development of biopolymers and thermoplastic composites for various applications such as packaging, construction, agriculture, etc.
- Francois de Bie, European Bioplastics – Presenting on Current situation of PLA in Europe
Francois, Chairman of European Bioplastics Association and Senior Director – Marketing at Corbion, has held various business leadership roles in B2B environments, having worked previously in GE plastics, SABIC Innovative plastics and EconCore. His responsibilities have included: defining the new PLA business strategy & detailing the business case for forward integration; and operationalizing the new strategic direction.
- Remy Jongboom, Biotec – Presenting on Bioplast 900, what else?
Remy is the Director of Business Development at Biotec. He has been responsible for the introduction of 2 bioplastic brands and significantly contributed to third, all in market now. His career spans R&D, product development, management, marketing/sales and consultancy on a senior level.
- Kate Parker, Scion – Presenting on Bioplastics from side streams
Kate, who is a chemist at Scion, is developing new packaging materials using biomaterials. Particular area of interest is biopolymer foams as an alternative to expandable polystyrene.
Other speakers, their organization and presentation in the conference are:
||Welcome remarks (on all three days)
||Market Development in Europe and Government Incentives
||BoPLA flexible film applications in food and non-food packaging
||Mater-Bi: New developments in packaging Applications
|Wonja (Jason) Lee
||Blow moulding of WPC for bottle applications
||Enabling bioplastic packaging through application co-development
||Degradation of PLA during long-term storage
||Latest INGEO developments (feedstock, resin grades, applications)
||From bench to industrial scale
||Modification of PLA for extrusion applications
||PLA modifications – new recipes make fit for new applications
||An expanding update on BioFoam E-PLA foam applications (t.b.c.)
||PLA foam coffee cup
||Recycling of PLA in the Pre-Consumer sector
|Kristy Barbara Lange
||Current situation of bioplastics for durable applications in Europe
||Bioplastics in ABS replacement markets/applications, incl. 3D printing
|N.N. Mitubishi Chemical (t.b.d.)
||Durabio engineering bioplastics (t.b.c.)
||Keep water safe – EcoPaXX in (drinking) water contact applications
||Sustainability without compromises – Discover Sukano’s solutions and vision
||Biobased materials for durable applications
||Switching to biomaterials – an holistic approach
||Biobased TPE for innovative applications
||Why bio-based? Forgotten and new answers
The conference fee is € 299.00 for one day, € 449.00 for two days and € 499 for all three days (VAT extra, where applicable).
Register now for the Event!
Send a note to Vijay Wilfred at firstname.lastname@example.org or call him at +91-9994699951 for registration.
Visit this link to know more about the conference. Registration also gives you access to the K’2016 trade show.